Brilliant Labs is an Atlantic Canadian-based charity. We are a hands-on, experiential learning platform providing youth with opportunities to develop coding and digital skills. When creativity, innovation and technology are applied to projects supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), along with a socially responsible entrepreneurial spirit, educators and youth can affect change within their classrooms, curricula, communities, throughout Atlantic Canada, and beyond. Together, we can transform education by empowering and teaching youth how-to-learn.
A Program Specialist with Brilliant Labs will report to the Director of Programs. This position will support young people, educators and community leaders to develop creativity, innovation, digital skills, and a socially responsible entrepreneurial mindset.
Responsibilities of a Program Specialist:
- Provide classroom support to students and teachers for projects, makerspaces, maker kits, and maker cart curricular integration in support of student learning.
- Support classrooms in innovation challenges and innovation faire initiatives
- Deliver Professional Learning opportunities to educators
- Support the development of teaching materials to be used in carrying out a program
- Understand our programming and recommend new programs or areas of enhancement.
- Work with cross-functional teams in planning and execution of programs.
- Perform program planning, analysis and reporting.
- Keep Brilliant Labs informed about any financial, schedule, and administrative issues.
- Work independently and in a team environment to complete assigned tasks effectively.
- Attend educational workshops, conferences and training for professional development and career growth.
- Utilize effective problem-solving and time-management skills to execute complex programs.
- Analyze program related issues and provide long-term resolutions.
- Manage resource allocations and workload assignments.
- Obtain student and teacher feedback and recommend appropriate program improvements.
- Provides and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, related support to students and teachers.
- Support the implementation of Brilliant Labs programming in schools
- Support Special Events when required
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Entering Stats after each event or classroom visit
- Completing weekly expense claims
- Completing bi-weekly reports
- Communicate via email and Slack daily with team
- Manage classroom projects via AirTable on a consistent basis
- Contribute to BL Magazine by submitting at least one article per year
- Complete monthly and quarterly targets for student and teacher outreach based on funding requirements.
- Assist with development and implementation of Afterschool and Summer Programing
- Liaise with community partners and stakeholders
- Refer community based program opportunities and potential partners for after school and summer camps to our Community Program Coordinator.
- Classroom experience is an asset
- Ability to communicate in both official languages- written and verbal is considered an asset
- Able to meet deadlines
- Great people skills
- Time Management Skills
- Demonstrate both an ability to be self-motivated and work well as part of a collaborative team.
- Leadership capabilities
- Understanding of teamwork in the workplace
- Have the desire to achieve and learn
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to synthesize and relay important information to a large number of people
- A deep interest in learning about our organization’s vision, mission and history and ability to perpetuate it.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Contribute to Brilliant Labs' positive work environment by having a Positive attitude and demeanor with coworkers, students, employees, community partners and stakeholders.
- Flexible to change when it comes
- Proven history of high attendance/low absenteeism and punctuality in the workplace.
This position is a full-time (35 hours/week), contract position starting immediately until 31-March-2024 with an opportunity to renew
Please complete and upload your cover letter and resume via this application link
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.