About Brilliant Labs: We are an Atlantic Canadian-based charity. We are a hands-on, experiential learning platform providing youth with opportunities to develop coding and digital skills. When creativity, innovation and technology are applied to projects supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), along with a socially responsible entrepreneurial spirit, educators and youth can affect change within their classrooms, curricula, communities, throughout Atlantic Canada, and beyond. Together, we can transform education by empowering and teaching youth how-to-learn.
We are looking to hire an internal accountant who will report directly to the Executive Director and support our work in a professional and timely fashion. This work will be remote.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Support the development of the global and provincial budgets & manage financial resources to meet contractual obligations.
● Responsible for all finance-related processes and internal controls – ongoing monitoring and improvement
● Ensure compliance with contractual/partnership agreements and developing quarterly reimbursement claims
● Ensure compliance with CRA Charities Directorate regulations, including receipting, disbursement quota, etc.
● Support Payroll allocations and work with payroll to ensure timely payments
● Correctly allocate revenue and expenses to projects, determining funds available at all times for various ongoing projects
● Prepare financial statements monthly for management and quarterly for Board of Directors report, including income statement (actual vs. budget), balance sheet and cash flow statement
● Analyze monthly, quarterly and annual data that promotes effective management of financial priorities, leverages strengths and quickly identifies target areas of opportunity for improvement
● Coordinate annually with the auditors
● Submit reports as required with appropriate analysis and action plans
● Support the implementation and management of sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
● Set up banking transactions for Executive Director and Treasurer approvals.
● Manage the various financial claims for employment grants for funding grants.
● Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation is considered a strong asset. ● 2-5 years of accounting /finance experience
● Demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Able to meet tight deadlines and possesses good time management skills
● Demonstrate both an ability to be self-motivated and work well as part of a collaborative team.
● Strong leadership capabilities
● Have the desire to achieve and learn
● Ability to both provide and receive constructive feedback
● A deep interest in learning about our organization’s vision, mission and history and an interest in supporting our work.
● Contribute to Brilliant Labs' positive work environment by having a positive attitude and demeanor with co-workers, educators, students, employees, community partners and stakeholders, and funding partners.
● Proven history of high attendance/low absenteeism and punctuality in the workplace.
● Ability to communicate in both official languages- written and verbal is considered an asset
● Experience with Quickbooks, Wagepoint and Expensify accounting software is an asset.
Applicants please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank everyone for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Brilliant Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.